Audrey Novoa's Real Estate Biography
Audrey Novoa is a prominent commercial real estate professional who began her career more than 30 years ago at Williams Real Estate, ultimately rising to the distinguished level of Executive Managing Director and the only female member of the Management Committee.
Real Estate Executive
In 2001 she joined Murray Hill Properties as Executive Managing Director, continuing her successful career in the industry at the firm. Audrey was honored in the Spring 2013 Edition of Top Women in Real Estate and she was also honored in 2011 by CoStar’s Top Manhattan Office Leases as the broker representing Murray Hill Properties on the eighth largest deal in the city, the 419,813 square foot NYU Langone Medical Center and School of Medicine transaction at 1 Park Avenue. Earlier in her career she was honored in the May 2010 issue of the New York Real Estate Journal honoring Women in Real Estate, the 2007 issue of Real Estate New York as one of Women of Influence, the 2005 issue of Real Estate Weekly as one of the major deal makers in New York City, the January 1993 issue of Real Estate Forum as Women: Standing Out in Commercial Real Estate.
Tenant and Landlord Representation
Throughout her illustrious career, Audrey has represented highly prominent Tenants in providing real estate solutions to the vast number of questions Tenants have in the acquisition and disposition of their office space. She has also represented owners of major office buildings in the leasing and asset management of more than 6 million square feet of space. Because of Audrey’s unique ability to represent either the Tenant or the Landlord, depending on the circumstance and because of her vast knowledge of the intricacies of leases, Audrey has proven to be an expert in the art of negotiation. All of her clients respect her abilities and feel secure that their interests are being properly represented.
- Exclusively represented Murray Hill Properties in the leasing of 1 Park Avenue and negotiated a 419,813 sf lease for them with NYU Langone Medical Center.
- Exclusively represented FiberMedia Westchester LLC in the leasing of a major 35,000sf Data Center in Westchester County.
- Exclusively represented UBS Realty Investors LLC in the leasing of 86,000sf lease to Alliance Bernstein, 52,000sf to BDO Seidman and 45,000sf to Mizuho Trust and Banking Co. (USA) at 135 West 50th Street.
- Exclusively represented Murray Hill Properties in the negotiation of a 240,000 sq. ft. lease with Time Inc. and a 220,000 sf Lease with Alliance Bernstein at 135 West 50h Street.
- Exclusively represented CoFinance Inc. in the purchase of 13 Commercial Condominium units at 211 West 61st Street and then the sale of those same units to The Gateway School.
- Exclusively represented Cowest Associates, LLC in the purchase of 227 West 61st Street.
- Exclusively represented the Owners, Robert Carmel, Stanley Stahl and Joseph Comras, in the leasing of 750,000 square feet at 1 Park Avenue.
- Created the first Telecom Hotel when she recognized the emergence of a new industry and converted the former Western Union Building, 60 Hudson Street, into a 1,000,000 sq. ft. telecom hotel, and then leased the entire building to the telecom industry.
- Exclusively represented Loews Corporation in the subleasing of 225,000 square feet at 1 Park Avenue.
- Exclusively represented American Musical and Dramatic Academy in the purchase of 80,000 square feet of office space at 211 West 61st Street for the creation of a theatre arts college.
- Exclusively represented The Image Group in the leasing of an old ballroom that was being used for trade shows for their new television studios.
- Exclusively represented CBS, Inc. in the sale of their windowless building, 49 East 52nd Street, to Fisher Brothers, who restored the building to its original architecture, a Vanderbilt mansion, for its own use.
- Exclusively represented Magno Sound in the renegotiation of its 80,000 square foot lease at 729 Seventh Avenue.